Sunday, May 5, 2013

Saturday May 4, 2013 .... Day 1


The first day of my trip was Saturday, May 5th, 2013. This is where I am beginning my two week trip to Chile with Pitt's Plus3 Study Abroad program. My day started out by waking up around 7:00 to get ready for the trip to the airport. We hopped on the bus and made it there with much time to spare. While we sat in the airport waiting to go, we went out to eat and had a chance to get to know one another. Then we were off. The plane was much smaller than I had expected and we sat right next to the engine. However, that was insignificant because in one more day I would be on the trip of a life time. The flight attendant was even nice enough to give us a handout with facts about different planes. The flight was going to Dallas Fortworth International and we had a pretty long layover there. About ten of us ate dinner at TGI Fridays and got to know one another a little bit better. Some people played cards and some people read books as we waited for our flight to Chile. I decided to read Game of Thrones which was a very good idea to bring. So far I have read a decent amount on it and in the down time of the trip, I plan on finishing the book. Only 600 more pages to go. We got on the plane and flew throughout the night. When I woke up the next morning we only had about one more hour to go before we landed.


No comments:

Post a Comment