Monday, May 20, 2013

Thursday May 16, 2013 .... Day 13


Today was the best day. We went horseback riding all day. It was the coolest thing we have done in Chile and one of the cooler things I have done in my life. The tour was very scenic. It encompassed different areas like the woods, beach, dunes, and more. It lasted 3 hours, more or less I think. It was interesting because the guide only spoke Spanish to us but by this point in the trip I was able to understand most of what he was saying. I had forgotten almost everything I had learned about Spanish in high school but spending time in Chile has refreshed my memory. The guide was really cool too because he didn't care if we wanted to walk or gallop. We were going as fast as possible almost the whole time. It was so much fun. My horse didn't listen to a thing I told it to do. I would tell it to go faster, it would slow down. I would tell it slow down and it would run faster. It also seemed to like the water a lot because when we were on the beach he ran into the water even though I told him to go the other way. He kept going deeper so I was getting soaked. I really didn't mind though because I was having the time of my life. After that, we returned to the ranch and had a barbecue. The guide said he made sure to buy American style food for us, and he gave us a pretty heart felt speech at the end. Overall, it was the best day on the trip.




No comments:

Post a Comment